"ICDL helped me to stay in touch with my family"
Computers have become an essential part of everyday life. Gaining the skills to understand and use computers or advancing your existing skills are an essential part of lifelong learning. Computer skills enable social and economic inclusion, which is essential to a healthy functioning society. ICDL certification is designed to meet the needs of both younger and older age groups.
Communicate, Connect, Interact
ICDL can help you communicate, connect, and interact with others:
- Communicate with friends and family
- Connect with virtual communities of like-minded people through, for example, web browsing, email, or blogs
- Interact using online technologies, for example, instant messaging, webcams, Internet telephony, or online education and entertainment
Access Information and Services
Computer skills enable you to access a range of information and services that can simplify your life and save time:
- E-shopping enables you to make purchases online and shop around for the best value
- E-banking allows you to manage your accounts and pay bills without waiting in line
- Online government services are convenient for sending forms, dealing with officials, and finding out information
- The ability to access news, information, and entertainment keeps you up to date with what is going on in the world around you
Why ICDL Certification?
ICDL certification enables you to acquire computer skills and knowledge, and to provide proof of these skills, as well as providing you with the satisfaction of achieving a high-quality and internationally recognized standard.
Choose your Preferred Software Applications
ICDL US and ECDL Foundation’s certification programs are vendor neutral. This means that our programs are not tied to any one brand of software and are designed to enable people to gain skills that can be used in any appropriate software environment.
This vendor neutrality gives people the freedom and flexibility to complete the training and testing, and demonstrate skills in a range of software applications.